Nov 23, 2010

BYRON: BOARDS, BABES AND BEACHES

I have just returned back to Melbourne from my home away from home- the Beautiful Byron Bay. I try and make it there about five times a year, always trips to recharge and see family and friends. I call it my HAPPY PLACE. 


While I was there I went to Mum's place in Lennox Head, a quiet version of Byron bay about 15 minutues drive out of town, it's a sleepy surf town with a great break and only a handful of shops and a cool old pub! It has a great break, so If surf is average elsewhere, Lennox point is a cool place to be. Locals dominate in the world wide competition, with many annual competitions like the Rusty Gromfest and an all girls event being held there too.


If your looking for the complete lifestyle package; a beautiful town, chilled out surf culture, great food and down to earth towns people, look no further than Byron Bay, NSW.


Home of McTavish surfboards, and the famous most easterly point of Australia, where Dolphins swim through the waves at ease amongst the surfers. The Pass, Wategoes, and Tallows beaches are all epic surfing locations that on most days will not disappoint!








No comments:

Post a Comment